Friday, February 15, 2013

Photo February - Day Fifteen


Nemesis

Meet my best friend and my nemesis rolled into one.

Today, my keyboard is my arch enemy, sitting in front of me like a malevolent slug waiting to laugh, hyena-like, as I fail to produce anything remotely productive.

It's Friday - I'm not that good at being productive on Friday.

Though saying this, I've been for a coffee and arranged a meeting and read a document already.

That's sort of productive.

Welcome to the world of being an instructional designer.

Writing online training courses for Poles and Wires is a great job, but I'm on the last of three courses that are all pretty similar. It feels a bit like Groundhog Day. Oh, what's that an image of yet another electricity meter. How thrilling! Go talk to the expert and spent an hour looking at pictures of fuses. Joy oh joy. What's that, let's make a schema of systems architecture both sexy and interesting. Yep, I'm right on it...

Of course, it's been rather warm and humid around these parts for the last couple of days, so my patience is wearing a bit thin. Last night's session with Pinochet has left my pinged deltoid even more pinged, so giving anybody a left upper cut for being annoying is out of the question. I'll just have to battle through todays course planning time, a review meeting and a feedback session on the last super-exciting course and I will be free for two days.

Then I can let my arch enemy become my best friend once more.

Have to say, I do like the way instagram makes an bog standard keyboard look so pretty.

Right, back to the joys of electricity metering and fuses.

(Yeah, run out of ideas today... will have to get creative over the weekend)



3 comments:

The boss said...

Hey, get back to work!

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

"Pinged deltoid" - sounds funny. I'm sure if I went to work and said "Lads, sorry I was late - I've got a pinged deltoid", I would be laughed at mercilessly.

I hope it's not painful...

:-(

Cheers

PM

MedicatedMoo said...

The keyboard is my nemesis too, as it often forces me to travel to blogs and the internet and my favourite naughty/cheeky websites....