Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Sunday Meme - Me A-Z

With this week off, I have a resolution to blog every day, starting from today. As always with my Sunday meme, it was sourced from Sunday Stealing, As always, I'm doing chores in between questions.

So here we go:


A If you were an ANIMAL, what would you be? 

Easy. I'd be a very well loved house cat. If I could have Maow Maow's life (without the allergies and the twin boys for brothers) I think that would be a very nice life indeed.

 B BOOKS: What's on your reading list? 


At the moment, the Kindle opens to Tara Moss's "The Fictional Woman". It's amazing - she's got the who being a woman thing absolutely pegged. Required reading. I'm about to start Nathan Filer's "The Shock of the Fall" and I'm looking forward to Karen Joy Fowler's "We're All Completely Beside Ourselves." I love reading.

 C COMPULSIVE about anything? 


Other than ironing my bed linen. Travel planning. When I'm going overseas I make everything off to the nth degree. Everything is photocopied, sent on and planned within an inch of it's life. Not so much when I get there, but the travel, the transfers and the accommodation are all sorted well in advance. As a single female traveller, it's a perceived safety blanket.

 D DREAMS - Do you ... dream in color? remember your dreams? keep a dream journal? 


Yes I tend to dream in colour when I do dream, not that that's been much of late. I do keep a dream journal, but it's full of the weird and wonderful stuff that comes out of my brain. As a member of a Jungian dream group, you're supposed to do this. As I haven't been sleeping all that well over the last six months, I've been pretty dream free. Hopefully I'll have another one soon.

 E EATING - what's your usual snack? 


My normal work snack is either protein bars or muesli bars. Outside of work, I'll eat pretty much anything I can lay my hands on that isn't fruit. Not a big fruit eater.

 F A Few of your FAVORITE Things: 


Here you go:

Gin and tonics
Puppies and kittens
Cuddles
Walking
Swimming
Movies and theatre
Meeting up with friends, especially old ones
Baked beans on toast on winter nights
Roast Lamb
Creme Brulee
Spice

I could go on - I get enthusiastic about a lot of things.

 G GIGGLES! What (or who) makes you laugh? Do you have a good sense of humor? 


I have a strange sense of humour. It's quite dry. Life makes me laugh most of the time. Things that still make me laugh after many years are shows like "The Young Ones", "Monty Python", pretty much anything that's British Comedy. The film that had me laughing hours after the credit rolled - "Little Miss Sunshine." I could identify with the family road trip. Brilliant.

 H major HOT Button: 


Clive Owen.


Don't mind George Clooney, but Clive Owen is the bomb. Can I please have a Clive Owen for Christmas?

 I I am ______________ ... 


Brave. Loyal. Caring. Funny. Weird (according to my now ex workmate) Spiritual. Ethical (most of the time) Australian (unfortunately) Loved by my friends and family. An animal lover.

 K Also KNOWN As... Aliases? Screen names? A non de plume perhaps? 


Panda, Dory, The Running Fairy, Mad Cat Lady (not that I have a cat), Late.

 L I LOVE ... 


Ice cream
Cats, especially Maow Maow
He who shall not be named on this blog
Literature
Writing
Sleep ins

 M How do you feel about MEETING people? Do it all the time? Rarely? Parties or 1-on-1? 


Due to the nature of my work I meet people all the time, normally through work. Then you meet friends of friends from there. I'm pretty lucky. I like meeting new people for the most part.

 N What's the story of your NAME? were you named after anyone? Do you go by a nickname? Any aliases? 


Pandora was a very popular name when I was growing up. There were six Pandora's in my class in primary school. I have the same initials as my paternal grandmother who was a Pauline June (she went by June) I don't think that my maternal grandmother like that all that much. I also go by Panda or Pand. I also write poetry under the name of Trellawney Tom

 O OBSERVANT - What's around you right now? What do you see? 


An untidy flat, an ironing board with a duvet cover on it, my sphygmomanometer , too much paper, my knitting, my crochet, my half empty back pack, my trainers and slippers, two wrap bracelets, candles, dvds, my phone, my heart rate monitor... need I go on.

 P Who are the special PEOPLE in your life? 


My friends - they are wonderful. Strange, but wonderful all of them.
He who shall not be named on this blog is pretty special, but we don't talk about him. He's special but he's on the other side of the world and gives me happiness and aggravation in equal measure.

 Q Any Little QUIRKs About Yourself: 


I get cysts in my scalp that need cutting out by a doctor every few years when they get annoying. Is that quirky enough? I can only use scissors with my left hand?

 R What do you like to do for RECREATION?


Read, movies, gym, walk, go out with friends, write. The normal stuff.

 S Do You SING in the Shower? In the car? For your friends? 


I sing a lot, especially at work when I'm stressed. I sing all the time at home, in the shower, around the place, in the car. It's good that there's nobody here to hear me as I really can't carry a tune without the aid of a bucket.

 T What's at the Top of your TO DO list?:


Get my the Literacy, Language and Numeracy unit for my Cert IV out of the way. Finish Millie's baby blanket. Get all of the mason's crap out the way as I'm well and truly over it.

 U Any UNUSUAL Experiences: 


Plenty. They happen to me all the time - and this is  good thing.

 V VEGAS, Vienna, Venice, Vladivostok... How far have you traveled? What's your favorite City? 


I'm pretty well travelled. Many Australians are well travelled. Over the years I've been to: The United States, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Greece, Italy, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and New Zealand. As much as I love London and Paris, my favorite city would have to be Toledo in Spain. It's magnificent. Would love to return to Spain soon.

 W WINTER, Spring, Summer, Fall... What's your favorite season? What makes it special? 


Autumn (or Fall as it's known in the Americas) I love the colours and the fact that you can shove on a jumper after months of running around in light clothing. The cooler nights mean better sleep too.

 X EXes - Things You Don't Do Anymore (but did, once (would you, again?)


I don't suck my thumb any more
Nor put myself down
Drink to much most of the time
Smoke
Work in the back office of an investment back (and I can't see myself doing that again)

 Y Any secret/deep YEARNINGS? 


I've always wanted to play the piano. And be the new JK Rowling.

 Z ZERO to ZENITH - Where are you in your life? Still growing? On an upward (or downward) curve? Just skating along? 


Middle aged, still growing, hopefully on the upturn and really, all things considered, doing pretty well. I know I'm lucky.

4 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I'm with you for the exact same reasons on the season--autumn!

Stacy said...

Oh my...that is a very nice way to look at a "hot button." lol

Bev Sykes said...

I misread the question and thought your sphygmomanometer was one of you favorite things. Now THAT would have been weird.

Jackie K said...

Autumn - definitely.
Clive Owen - definitely.
Thanks to google I now know a sphygmomanometer is a blood pressure cuff meter thingy.