Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Blogging Meme

It's Sunday and I have jobs  - one of these jobs is get my blog done for the day. There are a load of jobs that I need to get done before tomorrow too. As always, the meme comes from Sunday Stealing.

(Job: Meatballs made)

What kind of blog do you have? 

This blog is a personal experience blog. I started it about five years ago when I was intending to blog my way along the path of training for a marathon. The marathon is still to be run, but I continue to blog. I've been a bit slack lately. Must get blogging - been knitting instead.

(Dishes done)

How many posts do you have? 

I'm up to post 603. Not sure how I've done that, but I am.

(Shoes put away)

How many blogs do you follow? 

Only a handful. The Plastic Mancunian. Keep Working Through It. Blurb from the Burbs. Sixth in Line. Magical M - and a few others sporadically. Should read more blogs.

(Ironing started)

How many followers do you have? 

Official followers, 37, though I have a number of friends who I know read my blog because I get the "I thought this was happening - I know this because I read about it.

(Put the world to rights with a friend)

How often do you change your theme? 

Rarely - I think I've changed it once in five years.

(knitted a few lines)

How often do you change your icon? 

Never. What's an icon?

(Done a question for the Cert IV topic I was supposed to finish today)

 Do you have any favorite blogs? 

I do like the Plastic Mancunian  - mainly because we're polar opposites. Rather fond of Mamamia at times too, though it does get a bit preachy. Helen Razer's blog is pretty good too, though I need to read it with a dictionary nearby.

(Started prepping the brownies)

Do you ever send anonymous messages to other people? 

Very rarely.

(Done the banking)

Do you ever get anon hate? 

Thank goodness, no, and long may that remain. Spam, yes, but I can deal with spam.

(More ironing)

Have you made any friends through your blog?

I call the Plastic Mancunian a friend of sorts, not that I've met hi, Elisabeth from Sixth in Line lives next door to my friend Teddy and I run into her every so often. I really should put more effort into my blog.

(Clothes out for tomorrow morning)

What’s your favorite thing about blogging?

I love knowing that I'm writing. I also like the outlet - getting myself and my writing out there to the big wide world.

(More ironing)

What’s your least favorite thing about blogging?

It often takes up time when I should be doing other things. And the guilt I feel when I run out of idea or just don't have the time to blog often.

4 comments:

CountryDew said...

Blogging is so many different things to folks. I find it interesting why we blog - or don't blog. I know when I decide it's a chore, I will stop. But it has never been a chore for me.

Kwizgiver said...

Ah--I hate the feeling of being in a blogging rut.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I like polar opposites, simply because it is refreshing to see a completely different perspective.

I'm sure we agree on some things.

;o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

I keep a file of ideas and other memes to have on hand when I hit a blank spot in the blogging road. It helps keep me going!