Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Caps Lock Meme

I'm just back from Adelaide where I've spent the weekend with my family. My niece, Lolly, has leukaemia and I'll be making an effort to go back every couple of months from now on. We're hoping for the best, but I have to say, childhood cancers are FUCKED. I can't think of another word for it. You wouldn't wish the treatment on your worst enemy. However, my stoic, plucky niece, who's been going through the wars, is doing as well as she can, and it was great to see her, my sister and the rest of my family.

For Mother's Day I made sure my mum's dishes were done before I left her place (she left on holiday at 6 am - didn't get to see her)

Anyway, here's this weeks meme, questions courtesy of Sunday Stealing.


1. YOU HAVE 10 BUCKS AND NEED TO BUY SNACKS AT A GAS STATION. WHAT DO YOU GET?

Banana custard donuts - every time. Sometimes chips, but if the Coles Express has them, banana custard donuts. The fresher the better.

2. IF YOU WERE REINCARNATED, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD BE?

A very well loved and pampered cat.

3. WHO’S YOUR FAVORITE REDHEAD?

Me. Though Jessica Rabbit comes a close second.

4. WHAT DO YOU ORDER WHEN YOU’RE AT AN I.H.O.P. OR BREAKFAST PLACE?

No idea what and IHOP is, but my Sunday morning breakfast after pump is an omelette with mushrooms, broccolini, caramelised onions and chilli jam with sourdough toast. It's called Eggs Herbivore. Yum.

5. LAST BOOK YOU READ?

The last book I finished was "Elizabeth is Missing" by Emma Healey. I'm currently reading JK Rowling's "The Casual Vacancy" again as we're doing it for book group next week.

6. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?

At the cinema, I saw "Boychoir" on Friday night - and I loved it.

My sister and I watched Pitch Perfect before I went to the airport this afternoon.

7. DESCRIBE YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF UNDERWEAR.

I have a new bra, that is comfortable, holds me in, pushes up the puppies and looks great. This is a bit of a mythical bra - comfortable is good.

8. DESCRIBE THE LAST TIME YOU WERE INJURED.

Burned my thumb on the iron the other day. And my left shoulder still isn't quite right.

9. IF YOU COULD INVENT ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

A fail safe and non-invasive cure for leukaemia. I so wish I could do that.

10. ROCK CONCERT OR SYMPHONY?

Symphony.

11. WHAT IS THE WALLPAPER ON YOUR CELLPHONE?

This.


Taken along the Great Ocean Road at twilight a few years ago.

12. FAVORITE SODA?

Slimline tonic. And passiona on the rare occasion when I can find it. I miss Tresca from my childhood too.

13. FLAVOR OF PUDDING?

Okay, I don't think pudding in Australia is the same as pudding in the US. I love self-saucing lemon delicious pudding. If only I knew how to make it.

14. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A PEDICURE OR A MANICURE?

I have both regularly, but I'd go pedicure - love having my feet played with.

15. ANY BUTTONS OR BLINKIES IN YOUR SIDEBAR?

No.

16. HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ON YOUR BLOGROLL?

Five or six. I don't do much blog maintenance.

17. WHAT’S THE LAST PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU BOUGHT?

Aforesaid mythical bra from question 7. Seriously, when you're a 38DD - comfy bras are hard to find.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I chose a cat too. And I love your wallpaper!! Have a great Sunday!

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

We have different tastes, you and I, don't we? Nevertheless it is refreshing to see life from a slightly different perspective.

Boychoir doesn't sound like my kind of film but I will probably watch it now when it pops onto my TV screen. I think Mrs PM will like it.

Also, I would much rather go to a rock concert than a symphony. But why do one thing when you can combine the two and go to a Symphonic Rock Concert?

Check this out - it is beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJb3xwtpmmc

Trust me.

;o)

Cheers

PM

Kwizgiver said...

I totally agree with you about the comfy, useful bra! Rare and mythical!

CountryDew said...

An IHOP is International House of Pancakes, a food franchise in the U.S. It's been around almost as long as I have, I think. These days they are open 24/7.

ShannonW said...

A cure for leukemia would be awesome.

Bev Sykes said...

I had not heard of "Boychoir," but I will look for it--it looks good.