Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Big Bad Meme

Well, I'm completing paper mode. My masters papers are due tomorrow then that's subjects four and five out of the way. One has been submitted. The other is a mongrel dog with fleas that needs taming. Actually, looking at it, it's not as bad as I thought it was, but what I'm doing is completing a question, then working through a paragraph of the mongrel. It's nearly there.

Making life even more interesting, the block of flats in which I live has had no hot water since Thursday. Capital works to the gas lines have stuffed up something completely and the whole block has no hot water. It's not fun. I'm over showering at the gym (which is nearby and is open 6 am to 10 pm) and having bucket baths. Hopefully this will all be fixed tomorrow.


Is there anyone else in the room with you atm? What are they doing? 

No. Other than the telly, I'm alone.

Do you show your teeth when you smile, or do you prefer smiling with your lips closed? 

I think I smile showing my teeth - but I don't have a toothy or gummy smile.

Would you rather be told the truth, even if it isn’t what you want to hear? 

Unfortunately, yes. Pull off the bandaid. Get it over and done with.

What is something that you plan to buy, as soon as you’ve saved up the money for it? 

A new laptop - this one is slowly grinding to a halt. I've saved the money, just need to find the time to sort it out - the weekend after next is looking promising.

Do you play Sudoku?

Sometimes. I have a habit of doing sudoku on plane, trying to get the easy one in the Qantas magazine done by the time we take off.

 Have you ever had a migraine? 

Unfortunately, yes. Thankfully once I put myself to bed and take drugs they go away quickly.

What was the last book you read for pleasure? 

It was The Children Act by Ian McEwan. It was for book group. Can't wait to get reading after these papers are in.

What was the last item of clothing you purchased for yourself? 

A pair of comfortable, wide legged  trousers from Target. Good for lounging about in - and writing.

Your first serious relationship, do you still talk to him/her? 

I haven't seen him on over thirty years. This is a good thing.

Who is the last person you texted? 

Cleo, my personal trainer - who's currently stuck in Bali under the ash cloud.

How close is your family? 

About 500 miles away in Adelaide.

Is there anything too serious to be joked about? 

Anything to do with violence against women, children or animals.

Do you like to understand and have good knowledge of things? 

Absolutely.

What is worse? Back pain or shoulder pain? 

Back pain. Shoulder pain is awful, but as a few weeks ago proved, back pain is worse.

Have you ever almost fallen off of something high off the ground? 

Thankfully, no.

What’s one fruit you love in drinks? 

Lemon or lime in my gin and tonics.

What is something simple that you’re afraid of? 

Going down stairs without a banister. Not fond of stairs.

Has this weekend been good? 

Not too bad. Good play last night. Paper will be in soon. All is right with the world ready for hell week. Just need hot water and all would be well.

 How much time do you take to get ready in the morning? 

About an hour. Can do it in half an hour, but I prefer to ease into the day.

 Last movie you watched in theaters and with whom?

I went to see The Dressmaker on Friday night. It was excellent. I was alone.

4 comments:

Jayanthy said...

Lovely post!! I hope you get the hot water sooner!!

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, the inconvenience of not having hot water! Something we certainly take for granted, isn't it? Good luck with your papers.

Shilpa Garg said...

My laptop is beginning to trouble me and I think I may need to go for a new one soon too. Before this meme, I never realized that I smile with my teeth showing. I checked my pics on FB for that :P

Shilpa Garg

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I hope by now you've got some hot water. We have solar, and when there is no sun, there is no hot water.
I don't like telling lies but sometimes do in order to keep the peace with the in laws. Such a pain.