Sunday, February 28, 2016

The How Are You Today Meme

Okay, it's weekend. I'm still waiting on paperwork so that I can start work, but I have called in somebody who might be able to set this right very quickly (I will owe him a beer if he pulls it off)

The sun is shining, it's not too hot and I pick up my Tupperware tomorrow. What more can a girl want?

The Sunday Stealing meme, maybe.


Okay, here we go. How are ya today?

I'm fine, thank you very much. Just about to go out and buy Blarney a birthday cake.

 Have you ever been so happy you felt invincible? 

No. I've been happy, just never felt invincible

Would you ever refer to something as ‘bitter sweet’? 

Yes, I love that word and use it a lot. Love the song as well.



 Is there a person in this world you don’t think you could ever figure out? 

There are a lot of people I can't figure out. Donald Trump, Cory Bernardi, Tony Abbott, pretty much any conservative politician...

When was the last time you were freaked out? 

Most of January I was pretty freaked out. Grief will do that to you.

 Do you learn from ‘every’ mistake you make? 

I try to. That's why you make mistakes.

 Do you sometimes think that you’re too nice? 

Hell yeah. But I'd rather treat people with courtesy and respect than go the other option. I'm also aware that being assertive and making sure your boundaries are firm is a good thing. It's nice to preserve your own wellbeing.

 Is there something you’re dying to tell someone? 

Yes, but that's not for public consumption.

Do you think you have a unique name? 

As I went through primary school with six other girls of the same name in my class, I don't think so.

 Do you usually try to find the good in people? 

Always. You do meet the odd duffer, but most people have a redeeming feature or two.

Do you look back on embarrassing moments and laugh about them? 

I try to do that. It can take time. I'm a Leo, we have this issue with pride, but the humour will win out after a while.

Have you ever laughed just to save yourself from humiliation? 

Regularly. It's better than the alternative.

What are you doing in 2 hours? 

Going around to give Blarney her birthday cake.

What is the last thing you ate? 

Eggs on Fire with Turkish toast at Breakfast. That was five hours ago - no wonder I'm hungry.

 Do you love your job? 

My paid work job I like - I wouldn't say I love it, but I don't dislike it either.

When is the last time you showered? 

About an hour ago. I tend to do that after I've been to the gym.

Who is the last person you texted? 

Blarney - to ask her when she was going to be home.

When is the last time you were in a hospital? 

About two years ago - I had some abdominal pain they thought might be appendicitis. Thankfully it wasn't.

 The last time you went out to eat, what did you order?
 

Breakfast. I ordered eggs on fire (Scrambled eggs with chilli and green onions on toast) and a mug of skinny cappuccino. That's my normal Sunday Breakfast order after the gym.

Do you tend to have a lot of those moments where you forget something that you wanted to say?
 
They happen regularly. It happens when your mind runs at 100 miles an hour.

 How long have you known the last person you text messaged? 

That would be Blarney and that would be about 16 years,

Will this week be a good one? 

Absolutely. This is the week I go back to work I say very resolutely. Bloody better be!

 Anything happen to you within the past month that made you really happy? 

I reckon going for a session with Shervin the Sound Healer in Bali was the best thing I've done in years. It made me very happy. http://soundhealingbali.com/

 Do you prefer to take showers at night or in the morning? 

I shower morning and night. The morning one is a bit more thorough than the evening one. The one at the end of the day rinses off the day and settles me for bed.

Have you been to New York City?

Yes. Twice. I want to go back and do the city properly. I've only been there for a few days each trip and both times I had brutal jet lag.

3 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Sounds like you are in for a fun time. Enjoy it!

Kwizgiver said...

I can't remember the last time I heard that song! Thanks for posting the video.

CountryDew said...

I have a hard time figuring out conservatives much of the time. When I talk to folks one-on-one, we find common ground and it's like we have no differences, but then on Facebook they turn into wild people who blame people like me for the horrors of the world. Kind of scary. I mean, I'm a nice person.