Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Currently Meme

Okay, I'm in a bit of a state at the moment - too much on, a lot of challenges, so this has come at the right time. What is going on at the moment.

Meme, as always, comes from Sunday Stealing.

Currently, I am...

Reading 

A.B.Facey's "A Fortunate Life". Rather good it is for an Australian Classic.

Writing 

This meme, my tute paper for the week and in the background, the great Australian dystopian novel.

Playing 

Scared. My blanket fort made up of the ironing board is still covered with blankets there for me to hide under.

Watching 

A wonderful interview with Kerry O'Brien interviewing Clive James. Love Clive James.

Trying 

To work out why so much is going on in my life at the moment.

Cooking 

Nothing at the moment - I'll cook something once Monday is over.

Drinking 

Strawberry milk. yeah, I know - I find strawberry quick comforting.

Calling 

Mum - but she's been out all morning.

Pinning 

The odd recipe.

Tweeting 

Nothing - I really don't use Twitter.

Crafting

Just finishing a baby blanket for Georgie and Thom's soon-to-be-here bairn.

Doing 

The procrastination thing. I have too much to do, should really not be writing this - or organising the Tupperware party I'm hosting in a few weeks.

Going 

Slighty batty, but there is nothing new there.

Loving 

Dr Blake. Please don't tell anybody, but I'm a closet romantic.



Hating 

The Neo-Con politicians and religious right who are dominating our politics at the moment. Horrible, horrible people.

Re-Discovering 

The joys of Talking Heads.



Enjoying 

Listening to Clive James. Tis a pity he may not have too much longer on the planet.

Thinking 

About how we might get rid of some of the religious right out of our governments.

Feeling 

Rather overwhelmed. I should be right after tomorrow night, once the ceremony is over (I'm being made Grand Poobah of our lodge - this is doing my head in)

Missing 

The feeling that I'm in control of things.

Hoping 

That everything goes well tomorrow night.

Listening 

To Clive James reading from his translation of Dante's Inferno - the man is a genius.

Celebrating 

My first Tupperware Party. It only took 47 years.

Smelling 

Currently wearing Issey Miyake perfume. Nice.

Thanking

My Guardian Angels that I'm still here - nearly got T-Boned yesterday while driving home from meditation. Some idiot ran a red light. It's left me rattled.

Considering 

Running away and joining the circus. Just have to get through tomorrow night...

Starting

Another novel. A new journey. Yay.

3 comments:

CountryDew said...

Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory (award-winning long-running American comedy show, if you don't get it where you are) likes Strawberry milk when he is unhappy. He prefers the powdered kind from childhood but got upset when he discovered the syrup kind tastes better.

It's rather sad that I know that.

shortybear said...

liked your answers.

Jackie K said...

Issy Miyake is one of my favourite perfumes.
Hope Monday went well. Congratulations Grand Poobah.