Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Gal's Meme Part Two

Well on the first trip to Sydney this week. I'm home tonight, but back here later in the week for work. Lots of time at the airport.

I got a note on my facebook page today - five years ago I was participating in the City to Surf. Part of me wishes I could do that again. Maybe I will.

Today's questions, as per usual, are from Sunday Stealing.

What did your last text message say? 

"Cool".  I was answering the arrangement for a time and place for lunch today.

Are you someone’s best friend? Tell us about your friendship. 

I don't think so. I have  number of close and good friends who I've known for years, but I don't think I'm their best friend. Definitely in the inner circle however. Take Blarney for example - she's more like my sister. I don't tell her everything - just the important stuff.

What are you doing tomorrow?

Working and seeing my trainer.

What do you think of when you think of Australia?

I'm Australian. I think of a weird dichotomy. A place of generous people who lock up refugees like animals in offshore concentration camps where the population stick their heads in the sand. We have a government who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery - take the census they just did last week.... We have so much going for us - it's going to the dogs.

Last person you talked to on the phone? What about? 

My manager on Friday afternoon about what was going on with my part of the project.

Any plans today? Do tell.

Going to see Absolutely Fabulous before going back to Melbourne.



What makes you happy?

Writing, Movies. Animals. A well turned sentence. Cuddles.

What’s your favorite room where you live? 

Most things get done in my living room. The bedroom is good too. Don't like my spare room as I really need to clean it out.

Biggest annoyance in your life right now?

Other than our Federal Government? I've had a rugged few weeks at work. Annoying, but it will pass.

Last movie you saw? Review, please. 

I saw the Globe Theatre's Henry V last weekend. Brilliant. Wonderful to see Shakespeare done as it was when it was first written. Jamie Parker was excellent as Henry.

If you are jealous of anyone, tell us about it. 

No. I'm not 14 any more.

What is the most serious relationship you’ve had? 

The one with myself. It's long term and ever growing and changing.

Should anyone be jealous of you? 

No. I know some of my friends with kids are a bit envious that I get to do what I want when I want. That's about it.

What do you usually do during the work day? 

Work. Which means write, push paper and go to meetings.

Tell us about someone that you really don’t care for.  

Donald Trump. Hideous person. The world would be better off if he didn't get any air time. Scary, scary man. Peter Dutton comes a close second.

Do you use the phrase “Have a good one” daily? 

Yes. I'm Australian. Of course I do.

How old do you wish you’d be turning on your next birthday? Why? 

32. I'd love to have another crack at 32. I messed up my 30s in some ways, but did a good job of them in others.

Do you still like amusement parks? Tell us about your last trip to one.

No. Can't ever remember being to one.

How did you get one of your scars?

The ones at the back of my ankles were from an operation to make my achilles tendons longer when I was eleven.

Will you still love me tomorrow?

Of course.

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

It's nice to see that others around the world hate Donald Trump as much as i do. I echo your sentiments.

CountryDew said...

Trump's a scary guy. The entire world seems to be going through some sort of fascist line of thinking at this time - a period where everyone is "other" and empathy has flown out the door. Yet at the same time, there are people like and me who do our best to have that empathy and be concerned about the welfare and well being of others. Our voice is the one presently muted, I fear.

katie eggeman said...

It goes without saying about Trump...but I have been trying not to not be annoying about trump so I came up with something else.