Monday, February 13, 2017

The Disappearing Questions

I was interstate with friends yesterday and was fully intending to get these questions done when I got home, but my flight back was delayed and didn't get in until nearly midnight.

Never to mind, here we go.  Questions, as per normal are from Sunday Stealing.



1. Last movie you saw in a theatre?




Manchester by the Sea. Great film. See my review here.
2. What book are you reading?



Currently, Schindler's Ark by the Australian author, Thomas Keneally. It's the book behind Schindler's List.
3. Favorite board game?





Probably Monopoly or Trivial Pursuit.

4. Favorite magazine?


I don't really read magazines, but I am fond of a flick through Marie Claire and the Australian Woman's Weekly


5. Favorite smells?



Dog's paws in the morning. Anything baking. Fresh coffee.

6. Favorite sounds?



Laughter. A well played saxaphone. Temple bells.
7. Worst feeling in the world?


Humiliation. Powerlessness.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?


What time is it? First thing I do when I wake up is reach for the phone.
9. Favorite fast food place?


Nandos. Love their chicken and its reasonably healthy.
10. Future child’s name?


I won't be having children, but I'd go something fairly traditional for a boy and possibly Freya for a girl.
11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….?



Be traveling as much as possible and in style.
12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?



No. There is a panda on my bedside table, but I don't have one on the bed.
13. Storms – cool or scary?


I love them, as long as I am undercover and don't have to be out in the elements.
14. Favorite drink?


Gin and tonic.
15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”?

Three novels finished.
16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?


Of course.
17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?


Probably chestnut brown, not too far from what it is now.
18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?


Adelaide, Myponga, London, Mykonos, Melbourne.
19. Favorite sports to watch?


AFL Football, snooker, cricket
20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?


Sunday Stealing is very diligent about getting in the questions every week - which is a thankless job.
21. What’s under your bed?




Dust and a storage container in which are found my skinny clothes.
22. Would you like to be born as yourself again?





I don't know how to be anybody else but me.
23. Morning person, or night owl?


Morning person.

24. Over easy, or sunny side up?


I'm not a fan of fried eggs - much prefer my eggs scrambled or poached.

25. Favorite place to relax?


Bed, reading a book. I also love going to Ubud, Indonesia - love it there.
26. Favorite pie?


Apple pie is pretty good.
27. Favorite ice cream flavor?





Do I have to name just one? Maggie Beer's caramel and burnt fig jam is pretty good.
28. Of all the people who play, how many of the posts do you usually read?


One or two. time is a bit of a factor here.

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

Freya is a good name. It was a secret society at my college. They walked at night with candles and hoods. No one knew who was in it. Very cool.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I used to read Family Circle and Woman's Day, here every month. That stopped somewhere in the mid 70's. Australian Women's Weekly sounds very interesting.