Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Questions of Age Meme

Oh this should be fun. I'm feeling a bit delicate after The Pixies concert last night. There is something quite cathartic about having a couple of thousand middle aged people screaming along to "Debaser". It makes me very happy indeed.


Questions are from Sunday Stealing.

1. By a certain age, women should 

... do as she effing well chooses. Just be nice to others, kids and animals and take responsibility for themselves.

2. By a certain age men, should 

...do as he effing well chooses. Just be nice to others, kids and animals and take responsibility for themselves.

3. When I was young I thought by now I would 

... be dead.

4. Now that I am older I wish 

... I got therapy earlier.

5. You know that you are too old to do an activity when 

... you are either dead or in a wheelchair and they don't have ramps. (ie F*ck limiting yourself- bollox to that.

6. You know you are too young to do an activity when 

... okay, you should have some rationality. If you can't see the consequences, doing things aren't good. This is why they wait until you're about 18 to get a driver's licence and drink.

7. When I was in high school I listened to the music of 

... oh hell. Phil Collins, Billy Joel,The Police. The Rolling Stones, Hoodoo Gurus,  INXS - to name a few.

8. When I was in college (or the next four years after high school) I listened to the music of

...THE PIXIES!!!




9. These days, at my age I find myself listening music of...

Tash Sultana, THE PIXIES, Chet Faker, Damien Rice, ALT-J to name a few.



10. For my last birthday I ...

Went out a lot for about a week.

11. On my next birthday I want to 

... go to Toyko and have a look around a new place.

12. The best birthday present I ever got was

... a Pandora bracelet. Love that bracelet.

13. The first time I felt that I was an adult was when 

... I moved to London and worked out I was on my own.

14. The last time I felt like I was still a kid was when

... last night at The Pixies concert, going off like I was 18 years old.

15. I would sum up 2016 by saying

... it was pretty shit for the world at large.

16. I hope I will sum up 2017 by saying in December

... that Donald Trump and the Liberal Party have been kicked out.

17. So far in terms of age, I feel my first big milestone was

...Actually turning 40. That was a while ago now.

18. As I look forward to the rest of my life’s journey, I feel my biggest milestone of my life will be

... getting a book published. I really want to do that.

19. By the time I was the age I am now I am surprised that I haven’t yet

... died or got married or owned a house, Oh well to the second two. I'm glad I haven't died.

20. By the time I am 65, I hope that I have ...

Published a book, own a house and maybe even got married. You never know.

Have some more Pixies. I have a movie to go see and a paper to submit. Enjoy Black Francis back when he had hair and didn't look like Uncle Fester.



5 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I was beginning to think there was no SS this week, so I wrote another entry. But when I read that "when I am 66 I hope I will...." I knew this was not my questionnaire, since I just turned 74 and can't remember when I was 66! However, that said, I did love your answers to is it 16 and 17? The one about 2016 and 2017.

Stacy said...

Chuckled at your answer to #4. I didn't really think about being this darn old when I was young. It seemed so far away. I don't know that I thought I'd be dead, but old, dried up and shriveled probably crossed my mind. If only we knew how fast the years would go and how much life is still to be had at our ages, eh?

Stacy said...

Oops! I meant #3.

Unknown said...

AHHH Another Pixies fan!!! They are amazing and defined my college years.

CountryDew said...

Your answer to #16 - applause!