Wednesday, May 9, 2018

103 Days

I have just discovered that in 103 days, I am having a landmark birthday. Like...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

homestuck challenge GIF
So, what does this mean for the hapless Pandora? What is she going to do about this sorry state, because Hell's Bells, I never though I would make 30, let alone *cough/splutter/shite* two decades more than my thought of life expectancy. I still try and treat every day as a bonus. 

There is something about spending your twenties thinking that your life was going to end at thirty. I did, for a long time, think that I was not going to make it to thirty. I'm not sure why this was the case, though major contributor to this was undiagnosed depression. Thankfully, the depression is now under control and managed and thanks to what I affectionately call the 'food wanker' plan, I feel better than I did when I was thirty. Who knew a gluten, dairy, sugar, caffeine and alcohol free life could be so liberating. 

So now, I have 103 days left of my forties, I think I need to achieve some things. So I am setting some goals. I like having clearly defined goals. In Corporate Wank, this means that the goals need to be SMART - or Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely.

So here be my goals for the next couple of months. 

1) Blog daily - I haven't done that for a while, so why not. I've also got just under a hundred posts until this blog reaches 1000 posts. May as well.

2) Read Ulysses. Clementine Ford reminded me of this tome which I have had sitting in my book case since third year uni it's time to crack it open YES I will feel a sense of achievement YES and finally I will get what Molly Bloom is all about and YES, I think that YES reading eight pages a YES day will be able to get me through this before my birthday YES YES

3) 103 days of exercise. This is not as bad as it sounds. A walk home. A shift at the gym. If I do both, then I have a day's exercise up my sleeve. Exceptions will be made if I fall ill.

4) Lose ten kilos before then. Again, doable. Three months. Ten kilos - I'm in a good spot. lets go.

5) Save $2000. Now that I'm feeling more myself, it's time to get behind saving for this epic walk I want to do next year. 800 kilometres across the top of Spain. As long as I remain in employment, this should be achievable too. (My contract is up at the end of June, so best get looking soon)

So there we are. Should be a fun few month.

Right, off to bed to cuddle up with Leopold Bloom and his mates.

Oh, today's song. may as well populate this shite with music.




Though this is a better clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=623d9vZqF-4











2 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Age doesn't bother me. I hit your coming milestone 5 years ago and it went past without a whimper and, more importantly, without me beating myself up about being a man in his late middle age.

I've got just under 5 years till the next big one and, to be honest, I am looking forward to it because I shall finally cut down on working hours and seriously consider retiring.

That will be a massive bonus.

BTW - to me you are still young!

:o)

Cheers

PM

Pandora Behr said...

Thanks,PM xx